Friday, September 6, 2013

The Before

    Let's get one thing straight right here right now. I am firmly against blogging, tweeting,texting and any other electronic medium that has slowly but surely been killing human rhetoric. The computer is where literature goes to die and that my friends is the gospel truth. Please indulge my hypocrisy long enough for me to explain. Right now, I could care less about the literary value of my words. This blog is solely to let the people I care about most know I am alive. On this blog I will briefly recount my adventures and exploits; the tantalizing stories, juicy details and vivid images, well, I'm saving that for my novel ;)
    Tomorrow I embark on my four month long quest. What it is I'm looking for I can't put in words because in reality I have no idea what I'm looking for. I'm going with an open mind and soul and letting the chips fall where they may.
    My first stop is Colle delle Querce. It's a restaurant/spa/vineyard/b&b I think. Honestly I'm not really sure what I'm getting into with my first host family but again- open mind. They have a vineyard and that's really all I need. If you want to know more about it here's the website http://www.colledellequerce.it
    So I guess that's it for my first post. 'twas oddly cathartic. Still loathe this concept of blogging though. Family, friends, and friends to be, enjoy my page and send me nothing but good vibes. I love you all and will keep you in my thoughts. 


“The best teacher is experience and not through someone's distorted point of view”

No comments:

Post a Comment